Was that me?- Poem- By Mishka Gupta

  A poem about- The polarity between my childhood and current life

Was that me?

Written by- Mishka Gupta 

They say I was, small better.

But, why

Maybe because all was blithe.

At those times, I didn't even understand the meaning of life. 

People came and went. 

But I lay there in the green grass, lithe.

Earlier I used to play with blocks.

But now I want to invest in stocks. 

When I was small, I didn't care about thinking about my future.

But who knows, what I'll be one day?

Maybe an aeronautical engineer, I say.

I didn't even bother to study, when it was my age to crawl.

But now I've learnt to stand up when I fall.

I never cared about how I would look.

Until I clicked my own picture 

Dressed prim and proper with a charming smile.

I was small, cute and often I would fall.

But now I'm beautiful, talented and tall.

I adore my personality.

How I have grown, is a really crucial part of my journey.

Maybe someday, I will change again.

I'll find myself dancing in the rain.

Cherishing my life, at the moment when I saw some light.

A new hope, ambition and a new beginning would rise.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's symphony

Who's she?